This document outlines the way in which we collect, hold, secure, use and share your personal information. Reading this document will ensure you are comfortable with what we do and enable you to help us improve your experience.
“Personal information” is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”) as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- Whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- When we use the term “personal information”, this is what we are referring to.
- “Personal information” is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”) as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
Why we collect personal information
- We require your personal information, first and foremost, to receive and deliver your orders for our goods and services. In addition, we require your personal information for things like eligibility confirmation, fraud prevention, and marketing and promotional materials. This is identified in more detail at item (4) below.
- When you sign up as a user of Flavours Group and provide your personal information, you do so to enable us to update you on our work via the email(s) and phone number(s) provided, unless and until you decide otherwise.
- By ordering through our website and providing your details you agree that your personal information may be shared by us with trusted third parties or services providers either in Australia or overseas.
- If you would like to change how often you hear from us, or no longer receive communication from us, please contact us here email@example.com.
Personal information collected
When you create an account with Flavours Group, we may collect the following information:
- Business / company name where applicable;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Delivery address; and
- Date of birth.
We collect this information to use in some or all of the following ways:
- To deliver the products you have purchased from Flavours Group;
- To ensure your eligibility to order, including being over 18 years old when ordering products containing alcohol;
- For use in fraud detection and security activities;
- To update you on the delivery of your product and for other customer services;
- To provide you with relevant product information; and
- To send you marketing and / or promotional materials from time to time.
- You can unsubscribe from electronic marketing information at any time by using the unsubscribe function in our communications with you. You are not able to unsubscribe from communications directly related to your order, such as delivery notifications.
- When you create an account with Flavours Group, we may collect the following information:
Updating and viewing your personal information
- Under the Privacy Act you are entitled to view all the personal information that we hold about you.
- You can view and update your details either via your account at https://flavoursgroup.com.au/account/login or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Security of your personal information
Flavours Group protects your personal information by:
- Restricting access to personal information;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access; and
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
- Flavours Group uses 128-bit SSL (Secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is the industry standard and is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break.
- Flavours Group protects your personal information by:
Disclosure of personal information
- We will not share your information with any organisations other than related companies and those third parties directly related to the delivery of the products you have purchased from Flavours Group’s website.
- In exceptional circumstances, Flavours Group may be required to disclose personal information, such as where there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
- If you believe that your privacy has been breached through a disclosure by Flavours Group, please contact us at email@example.com.
Collection of computer data
When you visit Flavours Group’s website, our servers will automatically record information that your browser sends when you visit a website. This may include:
- Your computer’s IP address;
- Browser type;
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our site;
- The pages within Flavours Group that you visit; and
- The time spent on the pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
- This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
- Flavours Group’s website uses web analytics provided by Google Analytics.
Flavours Group, like most companies, also uses “Cookies”:
What are cookies?
- Cookies are text files that are saved on the hard drive of your computer and enable the analysis of website use through you. The information that we collect through cookies may not identify, or relate, to a particular individual.
- Generally, the information collected through cookies relates to a device used to access online content, such as an IP address or location data about the device (where available and not disabled by the user) and metadata (a set of data that describes and gives information about other data).
- Cookies may also collect information about the behaviours of the user of the device, such as the websites visited by the user and their activity on the website. In some circumstances, the information collected through cookies may be combined with information that identifies the end user of the relevant device. This may occur, for example, if you log into your account, or if you interact with certain content (such as a link) that we have sent to you in an email.
- Session cookies enable your device to move from page to page without having to log in repeatedly.
- Persistent cookies remember your preferences so that we can improve your website browsing experience. We also allow trusted third parties to set persistent cookies.
Do I have to allow cookies?
- You can change your browser settings to restrict cookies, such as disabling third party cookies. This may restrict your use of the full functionality of the website.
- You can change website settings to control the extent to which you received tailored advertising facilitated by cookies. For example, you can disable tailored advertising on social media sites by going to the settings in your profile.
- Note that it may be necessary to opt out separately from each device and browser that you use to access online content.
Where does my cookies data go?
- The information gathered by cookies about the use of our website may be transmitted to Google servers in the US and saved there. This is part of the Google Analytics service.
- What are cookies?
- When you visit Flavours Group’s website, our servers will automatically record information that your browser sends when you visit a website. This may include:
- The policy in place at the time of the alleged breach is the applicable policy.